Where did August go? Not that I’m really complaining, as I’m so ready for fall. Here’s this past week’s highlights:
1. School is officially in full swing, and I think I’m taking it way too seriously. I mean, come on… look at this highlighting and note-taking job:
I know it’s a good thing to be this detailed and meticulous. But my hand doesn’t appreciate my brain’s hard work. Only one and a half sections left to read in my chapter reading assignments, then it’s on to my first reflection assignment.
2. In home improvement news, we had our tv mounted above our fireplace, bought ceiling fans and received art for our living room. We’re waiting on our install for the fans, but hung the art up last night
It’s a nice addition, and really brings all the colors in the room together. I also got the planters I mentioned, but they’re going to have to wait until I get a free minute to breathe (which may not happen before the end of the month!)
3. I’ve become obsessed with figuring out how to decorate our front porch. I’ve been inspired by a few things I’ve found:
I’m bound and determined to decorate the porch and door, our dining room table and the little table beside the door we bought the other night all for right around $100. I may be grossly underestimating what I can do with that amount of money. But we’ll see!
4. I’m really really looking forward to this weekend. Why? Well, I can’t quite say yet, but I’ll definitely update as soon as I’m able. Besides, there should be some sort of anticipation to keep bringing people back, right! 🙂
5. I received a compliment this week from a coworker:
I’m getting this idea that you have some kind of surreal organizational skills which in the midst of 10,000 other things going on in your life allow you the forethought to orchestrate and take a picture such as this.
She was commenting on one of the pictures I posted from our housewarming shoot. It meant a ton, because I want to convey those types of skills – I want to show that in the midst of “chaos”, I still can get the little details done. That’s why I’m going back to school, to get the educational background that will allow me to do that stuff.
Happy Labor Day weekend!!