Finally a Friday that’s not crazy busy and that I’m actually here! I don’t know what to do with myself 🙂
1. As you got from my post yesterday, I ordered my Tom’s Shoes this week, and they’ll be here today! I cannot wait… they’re the perfect fall shoe… closed toe, yet breathable. Plus, they won’t give me blisters, since they stretch to fit your foot. I can’t wait to wear a long sleeve shirt, my rolled up jeans and my Toms on a Saturday morning walking around town or the Boulder farmer’s market. That equals pure bliss.
2. We’ve gotten most of our stuff completely unpacked! Since we don’t have office furniture other than our desk, we can’t really unpack that. We were looking at buying a few pieces from Ikea, but since a lot of it is mix and match, we weren’t sure we were getting exactly what we thought we were (lateral file on the bottom for my paper organization, bookshelf on top for the 20 books or so we have). We’ll call and make sure we get everything we need, and then once the office is unpacked, all we’ll have to do is hang our art!
3. School starts for me in a week from this upcoming Monday. I’m getting really excited, but a little nervous at the same time, since this course work is something completely new to me. I know I’m a good student and I can do whatever I set my mind to. But doesn’t keep those nerves from creeping up!
4. Speaking of school… most of you don’t know that I’m an advisor for my sorority at one of the chapters here in CO. I got to see them again this week for the first time since May, and it was so amazing! These girls have become so important to me, and I love every minute I get to spend with them. I’m really beginning to understand what teachers go through with their students each year… you watch them grow and mature, turn into leaders and develop their skills which will get them so far in life. But unlike teachers (unless you’re the lucky breed that’s a coach or electives course), I get them for usually 3-4 years. I’ve already had one class of seniors go, and that was hard enough. I know it’s going to get harder. But it’s still so worth it.
5. Our friend, C, who was S’s roommate in Alabama and a fellow grad student with me, moved to CO this week. S and I are so excited to have him here… it’s like that little security blanket can be pulled up a little more, because C has been such a good friend to both of us. We’re looking forward to many nights of hanging out and talking about life and work. Welcome to CO, C!!! We hope you enjoy it as much as we have so far!