What a week this has been! Whew! Here are some highlights:
1. Today is inspection day! S is out to lunch with the guys at work and then is heading over there. We also have a guy coming out to look at the floors to see what type of refinishing we’ll need. Hopefully it’s just an easy strip the sealant and reapply. Otherwise, it’s a $600 job. But, it’s all exciting stuff! So keep your fingers crossed that nothing’s majorly wrong with the place (it’s only 5 years old, so I’m assuming it’ll be ok). Here’s a teaser of what the house looks like (once the inspection is over, I’ll make a post with some highlights of the house):
2. I’m slowly making the switch to completely whole grain. Breads, pastas, rice. After my meeting with the dietitian, I realized that this switch is something I can handle. So on vacation I had whole wheat bagels instead of plain/seeded, and S begrudgingly made whole grain stroganof instead of using the traditional egg noodles (and lowered the amount of sour cream that went into it… isn’t he the best <3) and also changed the pasta in his pasta salad to whole grain. Yes, it’s not as good as regular, but it’s a change I can live with.
3. I didn’t mention our excitement from the trip back. We had a direct flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Denver, and were actually about 40 minutes early getting in. As we’re making our approach, the captain informs us that the airport is closed due to severe weather and we’re going to circle for awhile to see if it opens. He then proceeds to tell us that we only have about an hour of fuel left. We circled for the whole hour, and then were diverted to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I didn’t feel any sputtering or anything, but my nerves were completely shot (for those of you who don’t know me… I have major flying anxiety). After we landed, we waited for an hour on the tarmac to get a gate, took off another hour and a half later, and when we arrived in Denver, we had to sit for another 30 minutes for a gate there. And… there was construction on the highway that stopped traffic on the way home. It was not our travel day.
4. On Wednesday, my little baby girl turned 4. It feels like yesterday she looked like this (sorry for the poor picture quality… I had a really bad camera :))
Now she’s all grown up!
5. I got approved to go back to school! Last week, I had a nightmare about how the meeting was going to go. I woke up in hysterics (the second time in the last 4 months) over it… Bossman and I got into a screaming match over it. I woke up ready to back away from the idea. But, I went through with it yesterday. He was not happy, and it took some major convincing – he was concerned it was going to effect my work. Thank goodness for the two others in the meeting, because they were able to help me reason with him, and finally he said I have his support! So now I need to apply and get enrolled! I’m on my way to degree number 4: A Master’s in Science in Management!